Wednesday, January 18, 2012

In My Shoes

The other day when the girls discovered their Easter baskets and the alabaster eggs in my closet, they also came upon the fabric bag that contained my wedding shoes.  Since these shoes somehow miraculously escaped being preserved in the box with my wedding dress and veil I figured that the girls might as well try them on and see what it felt like to walk in the shoes their mama walked down the aisle in.  From the moment they were removed from their bag you could tell that the girls were over the moon to be able to touch something that was part of our wedding day.  They each tried them on, admired themselves in the mirror in our room, walked around for a bit and then quietly put them back in my closet. 

Today, while I was in the kitchen cleaning up from breakfast Emma appeared and was once again wearing my wedding shoes.  A flurry of thoughts instantly raced through my head. The first one clearly being "grab the camera" and the next one being "just see what happens".  The moments that were captured in this gorgeously unplanned photoshoot will remain some of my most favorite.  They capture this sweet soul perfectly (and as you can imagine I am already thinking of how these are going to come in so handy on her wedding day).  Looking at the joy, hope, love and sweetness radiating from this little being nearly brought me to tears.  Watching as she giggled at the fact she had my shoes on her feet made me burst with happiness.  And then looking down at her while she looked up at me to convince me to try to get my mama feet in the shoes from the day I was a bride made me realize how these shoes essentially brought me to her and her sister.  To this life.  To this moment.  And I could not have been more grateful.  


3 comments:

  1. Adorable moments and beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post! And I love your new banner-- might as well capture the winter-that-isn't while we can!

    -Kerry
    http://cityhomeschooling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet photos and wonderful words! I clicked the link from FB to this post and I'm so glad I did!! :)

    ReplyDelete