Tuesday, August 7, 2018

A Sweet Surprise For Grace And Emma

A few months ago, my dear friend Sade took a cookie decorating class from a super talented cookie artist. After seeing what she created that night, I commented that I'd love to go with her sometime. So, when another class came up she invited me to come along. While I had a blast, it was clear that Sade has much more talent in this area than I do, and has been working to perfect her craft ever since. Last week she told me that she would love to decorate some cookies for the girls and asked me for some ideas for shapes/themes. 
Inspired by Grace's deer doll, and knowing how much the girls love woodland creatures, she made some sketches and created these beautiful cookies for them. 
She shared the above picture on Facebook and we hatched a plan for when she could come by and drop them off. I didn't tell the girls a thing (after all, ya'll know how much I  love to surprise them). This past Sunday, before Sade and her family went to church, they stopped by with the gorgeous cookies. And as I knew would be the case, the girls were over the moon when they saw them! 
They arrived in a bakery box, with a few in bags. Sade wanted us to decide if the bags helped keep them fresher longer (the consensus was, they do). 


Thank you, Sade, for creating such gorgeous cookies for the girls! They were as delicious as they are beautiful and we are honored to have been the recipients of some of your lovely creations! xo 

3 comments: