Tuesday, July 2, 2019

A Visit To The Bronx Zoo

Saturday morning we headed to the Bronx Zoo in an attempt to see more of it than we already had. With how large this zoo is it's sure to take a few more visits (or years) before we've seen it all! 
Peacocks and peahens. 
On safari. 
I love how this deer is looking right at us.
Giraffes (my favorite)! 
On our way to the Butterfly Garden. 
This Peahen went for a stroll with us. Grace named her Pearl. 
She stayed with us for a good long while. 
Another favorite! 
No trip to the zoo is complete without a ride on the Bug Carousel!

We spent about six hours at the zoo and  I didn't take pictures of everything (the Nature Trek at the zoo was really neat and seeing the gorillas totally had me choked up for some reason) I loved the few moments I did capture. It was surpringly not crowded for a Saturday. Or perhaps it was and the zoo is just so large that it didn't feel like it. Either way, I am very grateful that we have a membership and are able to support the extraordinary work that the WCS does! It's a membership that we'll absolutely keep for years to come even though we don't live close enough to go as frequently as we would like to. xo 

1 comment: