Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Little Women

Yesterday we finally saw the new version of Little Women. Some of you may remember that spent a cold, rainy October day in 2018 as an extra (and no, sadly, there wasn't even a glimpse of me). While the girls and I liked this version very much  (it was gorgeously shot and acted and costumed) we did find it too time-jumpy for us. No matter the version (the 1994 one being our most fave) Little Women will always hold a very special place in our hearts (as it always has). And while I have always felt drawn to both Marmee and Beth, I found that in the newest version I connected much more deeply with Beth. Perhaps it was that Emma Watson was the one portraying her. Or perhaps it was because Beth and John Brooke remind me SO very much of Dave and I. No matter what it was, Emma Watson absolutely did that character justice (as did Saoirse Ronan in her portrayal of Jo). Susan Sorandan's Marmee will always be the Marmee I connect most deeply with, especially the scene where she writes the letter pulling Amy out of school. From the minute I became a mama that character took on new meaning for me and I have felt a very deep and definite connection with her, as if we are kindred spirits! If you are a Little Women fan we definitely encourage you to see this beautiful new version from Greta Gerwig. It is absolutely worth two hours and fifteen minutes of your day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment