Wednesday, August 19, 2020

A Life Well Lived

One hundred two years is nothing short of incredible, so when I chatted with my mom on the way home from work yesterday and she told me that her dad, my grandfather, the girls' great-grandfather had passed away there were no tears shed. After all what is there to cry about when someone has lived 102 years to the absolute fullest?! The only thing that makes me sad is that due to the pandemic he was not able to have family by his side when he left this world. However, I take comfort in the fact that there is no doubt in my mind that he has been reunited with my grandmother (the absolute love of his life) who I know he has missed every day for the last twenty-one years that he has been without her. I am grateful that he was able to be at our wedding (and gracious, did he have a fabulous time!) and I am grateful that he got to meet the girls a couple of times when they were little. My only regret is that we didn't live closer and get to spend more time together. Rest in peace, Grandpa Luke and enjoy every minute of  being reunited with the love of your life. May we all live as fully (and as long!) as you did! Until we meet again....xo

No comments:

Post a Comment