Monday, January 7, 2013

A Dream Realized

I have been dreaming about this cabinet for years.  And even more so from the moment I first laid eyes on it at IKEA. After waiting many moons my dream has finally come true! Gone are the days of having to struggle with a tower of bins to get to the needed supplies for whatever project was being worked on. 
Everything is now beautifully organized, easily seen and (mostly) in easy reach. Right now the girls need to use their stools to open the doors and get things that are on the second and third shelves. Though I imagine that it won't be long before those stools are no longer needed. 
And really, doesn't everything just look so much better in a jar?!

The cabinet has been up since Friday and I have not yet stopped smiling at it every time I walk by.  It is just such a delight to see.  Dave, Grace and Emma all agree that it's just what we needed.  And Sarah, who was the first person outside of our little family to see it, was in awe of how completely perfect it is too.  It just fits so beautifully in our lovely old farmhouse.  Almost like it's been here as long as this house has.  Thanks to my parents and both of my grandfathers for making this dream a reality this Christmas.  It's one of the best gifts we've ever gotten!

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I love IKEA! Too bad they don't have any where I live...it's all through Internet . It's a nice big cabinet..it's nice to finally get something you been wanting enjoy & keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely!! And I agree everything looks better in jars :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely. IKEA is fantastic! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's gorgeous! So organized…I'm a little jealous! xo

    ReplyDelete