Sunday, January 6, 2019

On Epiphany


When the carols have been stilled,
When the star topped tree is taken down,
When family and friends have gone home,
When we are back to our schedules,

The work of Christmas begins!

To welcome the refugee,
To heal a broken planet,
To feed the hungry,
To build bridges of trust,
Not walls of fear.
To share our gifts,
To seek justice and peace for all people,
To bring Christ's light to the world.
-Michael Dougherty 

Today was also my first Sunday at First Parish. When I arrived I was rather nervous, but after being so warmly welcomed a sense of calm came over me and I knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that I was where I was meant to be! I am hopeful that I can create a Sunday School program that this sweet congregation can be proud of! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment