Wednesday, April 10, 2024

In the Path of Totality

Right after Grace's final dance on Sunday April 7th (blog post to come) we began our journey to Jay Peak for what would likely be the last ski trip of the season. In addition to that it was also within the path of totality for the solar eclipse that would be taking place the next day. Since didn't arrive until 10:30pm that night we had no idea how gorgeous the view was until the next morning, or how incredibly perfect our room at the Tram House would turn out to be for eclipse viewing! 

Dave and the girls were out there bright and early Monday morning. 
My spot for eclipse viewing. 
Emma's ready. 
This picture was taken by Jay Peak staff. If you look at the balcony second from left you'll see a red square. That's our balcony and me sitting in the corner. 
Grace checks the progress. 
Emma watches. As the eclipse progressed it got cooler and windier. We needed to put on hoodies or fleeces or sweaters and I had a blanket on my lap as well. 
The moment of totality. You can see how the world darkened. With that darkness came a peace and calm like none other. I found myself very emotional and teary when totality occured. It was like the moment that the moon clicked into place over the sun my emotions overtook me. To be in this beautiful place with my beautiful family experiencing this incredible celeestial moment together is something that I am grateful for and will carry with me always. That bright star in the sky is Venus. Sadly, I did not capture Jupiter in this picture as well. It was too high up. Pretty impressed with this picture captured by my iPhone. 
Tuesday brought with it another gorgeous start to our day. 
And this, is the final picture of their final day of the 2023-2024 ski season. Not a bad way to cap off a rather less than stellar (snow wise) winter for this trio! We could have stayed longer (read: forever) but sadly, I did not bring my laptop with me! xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment