Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Playtime

The girls have spent the last two days inventing games to play together.  I've been waiting for this day since Em was born, and it has finally arrived! It's fabulous!

They wanted baskets to go berry picking.  
After all, that is what Sleeping Beauty does when she is in the woods before
she meets Prince Philip.  

Take note of the "berries" Grace has collected.



This game went on for roughly 30 minutes. 
They took turns sitting on this fabulous egg scarf and pulling each other. 
It was terrific!


Then it was time to go shopping.  


This is the game that started it all yesterday. 
I was very intrigued to see it continue today as well.
They would climb to the top of the stairs and would then bounce balls down them.  
They found this absolutely hysterical!  I tried desperately to photograph the balls bouncing down the stairs, but even with how quick the new camera is they just bounced way too fast to be photographed.  

We hope that your day was full of fun and adventure.
We're excitedly waiting for the snowstorm to arrive!
Snuggle in for a good night sleep, dear friends. 
We'll see you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Imagination games are one of my favorite things my children do.
    The last week so we've spent huge chunks of time creating while running - time well spent, as far as I'm concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! Listening to my girls create and play these games brought a smile to my face and my heart. :) It was fabulous, and truly is one of the most wonderful parts of childhood!

    ReplyDelete