Thursday, June 3, 2010

Creating with Grace

Times they are a changin'.  No longer do I have a chunk of time to myself in the middle of the day since I have (finally) decided to let Grace stay downstairs with me while Emma naps. She had been going upstairs for quiettime since it became clear she was no longer in need of an afternoon nap.  For the first few months she was upstairs for roughly two hours, playing and singing and reading and resting.  As the weeks turned into months, and her need for sleep became less and less she has been wanting to come downstairs sooner and sooner. After awhile it just seemed silly to have her go back upstairs. Clearly, she wanted to be downstairs with me, and really there was no reason that she could not be, beyond the fact that I just wanted an hour or so to myself.

So, this week I decided it was silly to send her upstairs at all.  And in all honesty it's working out great.  Grace plays, I do what I need to and we get to spend time together too, just the two of us.

Yesterday, we decided to get into the art materials.














Such a special time with my sweet firstborn daughter. 
Have a wonderful night, dear friends. 
We'll see you tomorrow. 

1 comment: