Sunday, September 4, 2011

Unplugged Sunday::Joy

Our Unplugged Sunday was a rather uneventful one today.  Dave worked, and the girls and I spent the day just enjoying being together.  It was easily our most mellow Unplugged Sunday yet.  After David arrived home, and the regular Sunday discussions were had, he and the girls headed outside and I got down to the task of figuring out the shopping list.  While I was doing that I couldn't help but notice lots of laughter coming from outside.  There, on the swingset were two extraordinarily happy girls.  Is there anything as delightful as swinging with your sister (who also happens to be your best friend) on a beautiful summer day?  Joy and happiness radiated from these two sweet girls as they flew threw the air  As I watched them I found myself being reminded that even on the most bland of days there is always joy to be found. 

3 comments:

  1. The joy is there if you take the time to look for it. Good for you! Your family looks like they're having such a great time on such a simple day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, Shel - it always seems that the mundane days are the ones we hold dear and remember the most - funny how that works out, isn't it?

    Happy week to you, Shel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so true, girls and I am so grateful for the simple reminder that I got while the girls were swinging! :)

    ReplyDelete