Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"Everybody, Swing!"

The girls and I went to our first folk dance (contra dance) this past Sunday.  It was a gorgeous day, perfect for an adventure of this kind.  Dave stayed behind to deal with the very large branch that was laying in our backyard after the October Nor'easter so it was just the girls and I this time.  Poor Dave, always missing out on the super cool adventures.  Though something tells me that he had a rockin' good time using his brand new chainsaw!
We decided to watch for a bit before heading out to the dance floor.
We decided to give it a try.  We had a blast!  The three of us danced for about an hour before it was time for the break (cupcakes and cider! Yum!).  While we were having our snack I asked the girls if they felt they could dance without me so I could take some pictures.  They gave a resounding "yes!" which made this bloggin' mama very happy!
And it's in looking at this picture (which I actually do love) that I realize that maybe the sports setting would have been a better choice than party/indoor.  Hmmm......
And oh my gosh, what fun we had!  The girls picked this up as if they had been contra dancing their whole lives!  At the end of the two hours we were exhausted but very happy.  As we skipped (literally) out of the hall to begin the journey home, Grace said to me: "Mama, let's do that again!"  And Emma agreed.  Clearly, there is no denying they had fun!

1 comment:

  1. You are very brave my friend !! that looked like fun and at the same time scary for a shy person like me :)

    ReplyDelete