Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Our Advent Spiral Calendar

Last week I noticed on the Little Acorn Learning Facebook page a post about a lovely Advent Spiral Calendar.  I had been wanting some kind of lovely, unique, wooden Advent calendar for a couple of years now but had not found anything that seemed "just right" until last week.  And while ours needs a little tweaking (stars of different sizes being one major change we'd make) we are pretty impressed with how easy it was to create and how beautiful it turned out!
The next day...
I love that this was a whole family project!  Once it was all assembled (and we had "caught up") we all sat back an admired at how beautiful it turned out.  Such a simple project made even simpler by our local wooden toy maker having pre-cut wooden stars.  I can't wait to see it with all the stars on it on Christmas day (and I will be sure to post a picture of it too)!  Thanks Little Acorn Learning for sharing this beautiful calendar with us! It's simply divine!

4 comments:

  1. You are so welcome - it is beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shel, this is stunning. You created both a lasting product that resulted from a combined family effort, as well as a memento of the day that you can take out year after year. I would buy something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I am so glad that we made one of these this year! It came out more fabulous than I ever could have imagined! It's definitely something that will be cherished for years to come!

    ReplyDelete