Thursday, October 10, 2013

Gnomes + Acorns + Art Materials

If I had learned mathematical concepts through the use of art materials, acorns and gnomes I know I would have been much more confident when it came to math than I was. The confidence that the girls have, and the ease at which they solve problems (math or otherwise) really is a sight to behold. Math for them has always been fun. It's always been a part of their lives and it's never been "work". We have always used a variety of materials and experiences to help them master these essential skills and it truly has made all the difference. I love that I am getting to "relearn" math right along with them. And I love that in their learning of math that I am finding the confidence that I never had the first time around. Slowly but surely my fear of math is being replaced by excitement, and it's all because of some gnomes and acorns and art materials, and one truly incredible lifestyle! 

1 comment:

  1. I love this acorn math. I have never encountered a "real" acorn... must be the area we live in. My oldest daughter loves math... it's her favourite activity.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete