Monday, March 2, 2015

"Call Me Wonder Woman!"

 Yesterday afternoon found Emma in a mood to create. A little red felt, a little tape and an instant Wonder Woman costume was made. From that moment she was no longer Emma. "Call me Wonder Woman!" she requested, with a flourish of her cape for added emphasis. 
This morning, shortly before Jazzercise class was to begin I received this text from Dave: 
 We figure it won't be long before she's requesting her own Invisible Jet, too.
And yes, friends, even Wonder Woman has morning lessons that need doing.

I love how much Wonder Woman is loved in our house. I love that with just a few simple items that a Wonder Woman costume was crafted. I've always wondered when they would finally choose to dress at Wonder Woman for Halloween, though, really, why dress up as something that you always are?! 


"Go in peace, my daughter, and remember that, in a world of ordinary mortals you are a wonder woman!" 
-Queen Hippolyta from The New Original Wonder Woman

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! Where did you find the cape? Alice loves Wonder Woman too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came from Six Flags New England! The girls participated in their Read to Succeed Program a couple of summers ago and their tickets (and one adult one) was free! As a result we decided a couple of souvenirs was totally warranted! :) xo

      Delete
  2. Wonder woman was always my favourite... I even like her professor persona better !!! Have a great week Shel

    ReplyDelete