Saturday, April 9, 2011

Princess Tea

Today, I surprised the girls with a trip to Salem for the Hawthorne Hotel's Princess Tea!  For those that do not know, the Hawthorne Hotel is where Dave and I had our wedding reception (or "wedding party" as Grace likes to call it), so as you can imagine the Hawthorne holds a very special place in our hearts.  The girls got all dressed up in lovely new spring dresses, and after a few pictures at home we headed on our way.   
I have to admit that I was suprised to see the Disney Princesses in the lobby.  For some reason I thought it was going to be more "generic". 
Each girl was given a tiara, ring and candy necklace!
Emma's motto: Life's short, eat dessert first!
Dancing with the Hawthorne Hotel princess!
The girls each chose to have jeweled flowers placed on their hands.
As we were heading to the car after the tea, Grace said "Mama, this was wonderful! Can we do it again?!"  Somehow, I think that goes without saying! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I came by via a link from the Hawthorne Hotel's blog and wanted to say thank you for posting all of the lovely pictures. This looks to me like it would any little girl's dream come to true and makes me wish I was about 6 years old again!

    My daughter, Amanda, was the one doing the face-painting and it's nice to see her interacting with the kids and knowing that all that money I'm spending to send her to art school is doing something!

    Best wishes to you and your little princesses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, Thanks so much for stopping by! I am so glad that you enjoyed the post and even more excited that you are the mom of one of the people who made the day so special! Amanda was great with the girls and has a true talent! I saw so many beautiful designs she had done. It is definitely money well spent!

    I see you live in Norwich! I am a born and raised Connecticut girl myself, having grown up in the beautiful small town of Bethany! Oh, how I miss small town life!

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete