Monday, April 9, 2012

Dresses From Gramma

About a month ago my mom called to ask if the girls had Easter dresses yet.  She said that she had stumbled upon some perfect dresses but that she was not sure if she should get them or not and asked if I could go online and see what I thought.  As I was chatting with mom and looking at all the different dresses there were to choose from my two sweet girls showed up and plopped themselves on my lap.  They quickly (and unbeknownst to me) chose the two dresses that my mom had fallen in love with.  It was clearly a sign that these were the dresses that needed to be purchased for these two sweet, little girls.  She brought the dresses up with her last time she came to visit and they have been quietly waiting in the closet for Easter day to arrive.  Yesterday morning we gave the dresses to the girls who gasped with excitement the minute they laid eyes on them! They were clearly over the moon to get to wear such beautiful dresses!  Thanks mom for making their dreams come true! XO


4 comments:

  1. I still remember that excitement of an Easter dress...the light fabric, pastel colours, pretty freshness of a Spring dress after a winter of snowsuits...this brought it all back! My in-laws LOVE to pick out dresses for their five little granddaughters, and although they're always "fancier" than I'd pick, the girls ADORE them. And it's worth it, just to watch them twirling and twirling...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what it was like on Sunday! And I am pretty sure it's safe to say that these two sweet dresses have become the favorites! :)

      Delete
  2. How special. I can almost hear the squeals of delight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy to capture that very first picture! I just wish the picture quality was a little better! :)

      Delete