Thursday, September 13, 2012

Growing Up

Last weekend the girls came to us to let us know that they were ready for a little bit of a change in their room.  Turns out that they wanted just a wee bit of room between their beds.  And so we headed up to that lovely space of theirs (which is easily one of my most favorite rooms in our house) to see what kind of rearranging we could do   After a few combinations that didn't quite work they decided on the configuration you see above.  It allowed them to have the bit of space that they had requested, but also allowed them to still be close enough to each other that they could reach out and touch each other too.  For two little girls who have pretty much always slept together this was huge.  We were surprised as this was so not on our radar, and one of us (who shall remain nameless) was a wee bit choked up upon tucking those sweet girls in that night.  I can't even imagine what it would do to me should the day ever come where they each want their own room!  Time surely has flown by and if truth be known I really would be happy if it slowed down just a little.  Since that is clearly not going to be happening I will continue to bask in the amazingness of these two sweet girls (for which it is truly an honor to be their mama), their wonderful papa and the life we have all made together. 


4 comments:

  1. What a sweet little scene! I do know how you feel- my 13 (nearly 14) year old is suddenly turning from little girl to young woman. She's so intelligent, kind, switched on...but I still want her to be my little baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pattianne! I had a feeling that people who read this post would totally understand! Time just flies way too quickly..... :)

      Delete