Saturday, February 1, 2014

Yesterday And Today

Yesterday, Dave headed down to NJ for the NFL Experience taking place in NYC this weekend. The girls and I had all sorts of fun things planned for this weekend until I woke up feeling super crummy Friday morning. With that in mind, plans were changed and a super lazy totally mellow day was had. It ended with homemade pizza and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 for Pizza and Family Movie Night (our usually Friday tradition). It was a perfect ending to a much needed day. 
Today I woke up still feeling crummy but the weather was lovely (so lovely in fact that we only needed sweatshirts instead of our winter jackets) so I decided I just had to take the girls somewhere. They had taken such good care of me yesterday (as they always so when I'm feeling yucky) and not wanting to spend another day entirely inside I suggested we had to the farmer's market. We got ready and headed out. We were barely off our street when I realized that there was no way I was up for the drive to Wayland. So a quick chat with the girls and it was decided that we should head to the dollar store to get Valentine card making supplies instead of going to the farmer's market (perhaps we'll make it there next weekend). We found everything we needed at the dollar store quickly and easily. The girls even chose a couple of things to purchase (with their own money) too. Grace chose a bag of little hearts and some Valentine flowers and Emma chose two balloons. While we were having lunch at Panera Emma said to Grace: "Grace, I bought these two balloons for us since I know how much you like roses." This took Grace and I completely by surprise as she had not said anything about buying a balloon for Grace before this. "Really, Emma? You bought one for me?!" asked Grace. "Yes, I did!" was Emma's reply. "Wow, thanks Em!" Grace said with a smile that would have made the Cheshire Cat proud. Once again I sat there in awe of these two sweet souls that I get the honor of being mama to. They honestly never cease to amaze me. It is such a joy to be witness to the best friendship of two such fabulous sisters. They are always looking out for each other, and they know each other so truly that it brings tears to my eyes and a smile to my heart. Their's is a love that even in my wildest dreams I never could have imagined. These girls make this world a better place and I am so grateful that I get to be there to see it all unfold. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Rose! So sorry that ya'll have been sick too but glad to hear that everyone's on the mend!

    Love that we watched the same movie on Friday night! Hope you and your crew enjoyed it as much as we did! xo

    ReplyDelete