Sunday, February 15, 2015

A Snowy Sunday

And so another week begins with another snow storm. This one brought a fair amount with it, though not nearly as much as the first blizzard of the year just a few weeks ago. My love of snow still isn't waning, however. The ice dams leaking into the house and the bitter cold temps I could do without, but the snow I still adore. 

This morning before everyone was up I read this love letter to snow. And while there are parts that don't apply to us (we don't live *in* Boston and we don't have kids who go to school) I did love how beautifully it articulated why it is that I love snow. The arrival of snow always brings with it a magical kind of peace. People slow down, spend time with those who they share a home with and (hopefully) lend a helping hand to their neighbors. It's as if the world returns to a simpler time instead of one that is full of people rushing about from place to place barely noticing one another.

Yes, I know that there are many people who are done with snow. I know there are people longing for the sun and green grass and all that comes with any season other than winter. We'll surely welcome the spring and each season as it arrives (as we always do), though I dare say that we are in for one quite a mud season this year. Dave would be fine if not every morning started with clearing the driveway, and as a home care physical therapist who spends copious amounts of time in his car, he would be happy if the temperatures were not so gosh darn wicked cold. All in all though we are a family who loves winter and I think it's mainly because it's just another excuse to do what we love most- just be together. xo

3 comments:

  1. Whooo hoooo!! Look at all of that snow. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much powdery goodness! I think you officially have more snow than we do now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the snow pictures! Enjoy, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete