Thursday, October 8, 2015

Second Breakfast

"Mama, since Emma made French Toast the last time do you think I could make French Toast today?!" She prepared the ingredients and then I showed her how to cook the first piece, after that the rest was all her. In total, she cooked four pieces and I didn't have to do anything more than take pictures.

It seems to me that this year - her ninth-  is full of all sorts of amazingness, and this French Toast making is just the latest skill added to the list. It's truly incredible the independence that's coming for both girls lately. I'm pretty sure it's not just that they are the ages they are, but also (and perhaps even more so) because they have been there watching, helping, taking it all in their entire lives. To watch Grace cook so confidently this second breakfast of ours gave me pause. No matter how many times I beg and plead with them to "stop the growing" it's to no avail. Grow they will, but with that growth comes so much goodness, so much pride, so much confidence that I truly cannot wait to see what each day, each week, each month and each trip around the sun brings for our sweet girls. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment