Friday, February 14, 2020

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day is one of our most favorite holidays. In our family it's not about the Hallmark aspect of it (though we do love a good card) it's more about taking the opportunity to let those who play an important role in your life know how much they mean to you. Since becoming parents, Valentine's Day hasn't been about David and I going out. Instead, it's been about celebrating our family and spreading love and kindness in the world (and letting our family and friends know how very loved they are). Really, we should probably take to calling it "I Love You Day" instead of "Valentine's Day" as Valentine's Day definitely conjures up a different notion...
Our day started with Grace and I taking a trip to Dunkin' Donuts. We don't often go to Dunkin' but when we do it's for heart shaped doughnuts! 
 Belgian chocolate hearts from Trader Joe's and homemade valentines for our sweet girls. 
 Cards from Gramma Terri, Grandpa Gene and Uncle Grant for Grace and Emma. 
Emma gave this card to Grace. I'm not sure there was ever a card, or valentine, more perfect from one to the other. 
 And then there was this one! The minute I saw it I knew that he'd love it! 

David: "You mean to tell me you have more than one?!" 
Me: "Oh goodness, no! One is plenty!" 

Together since 1998. Married since 2002. Twenty-one years together, seventeen years married, two amazing girls, one incredible life! So grateful for this man, these girls, this life! Happy I Love You Day, everyone! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment