Monday, May 4, 2020

Early Explorers Block

 For Grace's early explorers block I found these wonderful trading cards on Teachers Pay Teachers that I knew she'd love! I remembered that when I was a kid how boring it had been to learn about these guys (all of whom seemed so very similar to me) and I knew that I wanted to bring this topic to her in a much more engaging way. 
First up was Columbus (our least favorite explorer). 
 She had the worst time coming up with one word to describe him so we decided to go rouge and use two. I mean we are homeschoolers after all! Going rogue is kinda in our blood! 
 
 Since the library is closed due to the pandemic we didn't have many books to pull from. Instead we used the info we had in the Oak Meadow grade six materials (Waldorf kids typical due the early explorers in grade seven) as well as from videos we found on YouTube. 
Today, she completed her final trading card- Leif Erikson. I think he an Amerigo Vespucci were her favorites. 
The trading cards really were so much fun! And there are many more that she could have completed but we wanted to make sure that we had time to do the much looked forward astronomy block that will take us right to the end of the lesson year in a few weeks! xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment