Tuesday, August 17, 2021

"They're About To Say I Do..."

 

"Three little letters, two little words. 
It's the simplest part of the day, but there's nothing simple about the thing that will remain unsaid. 
"I do" means, I do know that I could be hurt, but I am ready to be healed with you. 

It means I do want to try, even when the fear of failure holds me back and I do not know the future but I am ready to be surprised along the way. 

And "I do" means I do want your love, 
and I do give you mine, 
and nothing we do will ever be the same, 

because you and I will be doing it all together."
-The Good Witch (season three finale) 

I have loved that piece from The Good Witch ever since I first heard it. And had it been out before our wedding I am sure we would have had it read during the ceremony. 

These nineteen years have passed quickly by. And while they have not all been perfect, they have all been ours. We have navigated the rough waters and come out stronger in the end and for that I am grateful. We have created two of the most incredible souls together and stand in awe of the young women they have become. We have laughed together, cried together, watched dreams be achieved together and mourned as other dreams never came to fruition. In short, we have live and loved so fully and so completely even when there were days that we might not have liked each other so much. 

Here's to nineteen years, my love. Let's make our twentieth year our most wonderful yet! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment