Saturday, December 30, 2023

During the Festive Season

 
This year was easily the least I have ever blogged. Here is it, Decemebr 30th, and I have (including this post) blogged a total of 39 times. Before this year, the lowest number of posts in this space of ours was 127 (in 2022). This isn't to say that there have not been blog worthy events that would total in the hundreds, but it does speak to how full life is with two teenagers, a full time (paid) job, my full time unpaid job (as mama of those two amazing girls), as well as life as a wife and doctoral student. In early November I ended up resigning from my job as the Director of Children's Ministry at the church in Holliston, and we have fully returned to our church home/family in Framingham. That brought with it more downtime than I have had in a long while, though that will be short lived as I move into the proposal and disseration phase of my program starting in January. 

Our December was full of wonderful traditions. The Advent Spiral, Saint Nichoas Day, Winter Solstice (my most favorite Deemebr holiday!), cinnamon roll making (and delivering), and of, course, the Christmas Eve service. It was so lovely to be there, with a pew full of my church children, all of whom have grown into the most incredible young women and men. 

The bunnies have loved sitting by the tree as much as we do, and we are all so sure that they will be very sad when the tree comes down. Truly, is there anything more relaxing than sitting by the light of the tree before the sun comes up or after it goes down? 

It was quite a year for this family of ours. But more about that tomororw. Tonight is all about getting this blog updated so that we can go into 2024 and this next chapter, fresh and ready to go! xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment