Monday, September 28, 2015

Super-Harvest Moon Eclipse

7:45pm Sunday. 
5:45am Monday. 
The conditions last night could not have been any more amazing. Mother Nature gifted us with crystal clear skies and the perfect vantage point to witness this incredible lunar event. My only regret is that our good camera wasn't charged and ready to photograph the entire thing, though my trusty iPhone 6 didn't do such a bad job (see pictures one and four). Dave took the eclipse pictures (the camera was charged by then) as sleep got the best of me and I wasn't able to stay up for the entire thing. The moon when I woke early this morning was still big and bright, and so I figured I'd take a couple more pictures while the world was still dark and peaceful. xo

2 comments:

  1. It really was absolutely perfect conditions to view it here in the Northeast! We all stayed up quite late- but it was worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was truly amazing! I am so sad that I wasn't able to stay up for the whole thing! I had all intentions of taking a nap on Sunday and then Sunday flew by and sadly I didn't even get a chance to sit down much that day! I am so glad that you were able to see the entire thing. It was pretty amazing! xo

      Delete