Monday, February 1, 2010

Valentine Mailboxes

What would we do without the Target dollar bin?  Those bins are such a blessing and a curse!  I cannot pass up checking them out every time we are at Target.  We always find such fabulous things in the dollar bins and a few weeks ago was no exception.  We came home with some Valentine's headbands, barrettes, take out containers and these adorable metal mailboxes (one pink and one red).

As soon as I saw them I knew exactly what to do with them. I would leave the girls little love notes and treats inside them each day during the month of February.  They had such a great time finding Skippy (our Elf on the Shelf) each day leading up to Christmas, that this seemed like the perfect thing to do in honor of Valentine's Day.

It had never occurred to me however, to have the girls decorate these adorable mailboxes until I saw that Stephanie from Ordinary Life Magic (one of my most favorite blogs) had purchased the same mailboxes and was having her daughter decorate hers!  Seriously, Stephanie always has such fabulous ideas!  I decided that we should follow their lead and decorate ours too.

The girls and I headed to Target today to hit up the Valentine decoration section for stickers and conversation hearts and more glue so that we could decorate the mailboxes.











Happy (early) Valentine's Day, friends!
As always, we'll see you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Those came out great, and yes, just what would we do w/ out Steph as inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, friend! I have no idea what any of us would do without her inspiration, and I hope that we never find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. conversation hearts. so funny that they have such an official sounding name.
    when I was a kid they were called "valentine candies". :)

    ReplyDelete