Thursday, December 9, 2010

Gingerbread People

I realized today that I never blogged about our beautiful new stove.  And the reason I realized this is because for the first time today we were baking cookies in it.  And not just any cookies, but gingerbread people, using the delicious recipe from Ordinary Life Magic to boot!  So, without further adieu,
Out with the old,
In with the new.
The new stove is an induction stove and it is A-MAZ-ING!  I fell in love with it the minute I used it and cannot imagine using anything else now.  It is fabulous, and is one of the best Christmas presents ever!

This morning brought us a lazy day with not much planned.  It was finally the right time to check out this stoves ability to bake cookies, and also to begin yet another new tradition here: baking gingerbread people.  I say 'people' not to be politically correct but because we have gingerbread men and women cookie cutters.  And in a house of girls the odds are good that we are going to have to make some gingerbread girls.
Peek-a-boo!
It was a very sweet ending to a very sweet day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment