Monday, December 6, 2010

Let the Decorating Begin!

It was Em's year to put the angel on top. 
I wish my camera had a candlelight setting. It has everything else except for that one, and try as I might I just cannot capture the beauty and wonder of candles or Christmas tree lights.  Maybe someday...
The beautiful stockings my Aunt Gail made for us last year.
Someday when we have a house with a (real) fireplace we'll hang our stockings there, for now however we use the built-ins as their spot.  It's probably better though.  This way they don't get played with and carried around as would most likely happen if two sweet littles were to get their hands on them. 

The girls were so into the decorating this year.  There was such joy and wonder as each one was handed an ornament and went to find the perfect spot on the tree for it.  Every year the holidays have always been magical, but something tells me that this may be the best year yet!

2 comments:

  1. :) - is there such a thing as a candlelight setting? I've never seen that.

    Lighting can be vexing, to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea if there is, but if there is I would love it! How do you get all your pretty pictures that contain beautiful lighting to come out so well? You and Jean always have the best shots, especially around holiday time and especially with candle or tree lights. Teach me your ways, oh wise one!

    ReplyDelete