Thursday, March 10, 2011

Painting Gnomes

We love gnomes.  When I was little my mom had a lovely book of gnomes that I loved to look through, which I do believe is what began my love of them which continues to this day.  And while I never expected that in my adult life I would live in a house with not one, not two, but three garden gnomes, I wouldn't have it any other way. The girls have loved gnomes since they were little little, although anyone in attendance at Grace's first (and David's 30th) birthday party may recall her being frightened by the gnome my sister gave him.  And of course, their love of all things Little Bear helps their love of gnomes as well (although I will never understand why gnomes are called gobblins on Little Bear.  Two vastly different things, in my mind, but I digress).  So, it made total sense when Dave came home from Target with two paint your own gnome kits, which made for the perfect morning project on this cold, grey day. 

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely. What a glorious collection of gnomes! I have being painting some aswell, perhaps not as creativly as your daughters. I hope they have got pride of place in your garden.

    http://misselm.blogspot.com/2011/03/gnome-collection-spring-2011.html

    Have a look at my collection and see what you think!

    ReplyDelete