Monday, March 17, 2014

Good-Bye, Old Friend.

We said good-bye to our sweet, fifteen year old dog Albert today. He lived such a good and full life and was loved by all who knew him. The house is a little too quiet tonight and our hearts are left with a hole that only Albert can fill. We are thankful for the many years we had with our sweet guy. He was with Dave and I through (almost) ten of our (almost) twelve years of marriage. Through our journey through The Land of Infertility. To becoming parents- twice. Through good times and bad, Albert was there through it all. He was my constant companion, always, but especially these last seven-and-a-half years that I have been home full time. He followed me everywhere, no matter if I was simply going to the next room, he was always there making sure that I was safe and watched over. Good-bye, Old Friend. We will miss you, always. xo. 

5 comments:

  1. Hugs my friend. I never knew how hard this was until we lost our first dog four years ago. Thinking of you, Dave and the girls. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Albert must have had a wonderful life with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry… you are in my thoughts.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls. I cannot tell you how much your sweet words mean to me. It has been a rough week over here, missing our guy and adjusting to the "new normal" of life post-Albert. The house is still too quiet and my heart is still aching (and I know it will be for awhile yet) and I haven't really been myself this week. Here's to hoping that each day brings a little more peace. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so, so sorry to read of the loss of you dear, doggy friend. Our pets can feel like a family member, and a hole is left in our hearts and home when they are gone. Lots of hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete