Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Scenes From Our Snowy Day

We woke this morning to a gorgeous snow covered world! The prediction of two to three feet was clearly correct as we easily had over twenty-four inches when we first woke (it's closer to- or even over- thirty-six as I type this). Cranberry Christmas Cake was made (we never did get to it at Christmastime, but today, in all it's snowy goodness, seemed as good a time as any) followed immediately by breakfast. Dave then headed outside to begin the long task of snow removal. Thank goodness for the lovely new, much larger snowblower. It was certainly up to the task required of it today! Birds were watched and charted (an idea that Grace came up with all on her own) and bird songs were listened to. Hot chocolate and cranberry cake were had when papa returned from outside, and before the girls suited up to head to venture out. I joined them to capture a few pictures but only lasted for about five minutes (as opposed to their thirty) before I came in. For now we're tucked cozily inside enjoying a mellow afternoon. Snow Cream has been requested for tonight's dessert and I'm thinking that some Sugar on Snow may have to be tried in the next day or so, too. xo

4 comments:

  1. So apparently you guys got all the snow!!! Our "snow-ma-geddon" was a bust!!!! Barely a couple of inches. We had more in the little clipper that came thru this last weekend. I'm not complaining. Although, I have to admit it would've been nice to have just a few more inches. For now, I'll live vicariously thru your great photos. I have to tell you that I am in love with your yellow farmhouse. It is absolutely wonderful!!!!! : ) Have a great rest of your day!! xo

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! That is proper snowfall - it looks incredible, I just can't really get my head around the concept of that much snow but one day I'm determined to find myself some deep snow just to see what it's really like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you got your wish my friend :) Now send some this way, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome! I love the bird counting idea- very clever of Grace. We got enough for snow cream but not enough for a lovely day off.

    ReplyDelete