Monday, June 1, 2015

Our Garden

This past Saturday was absolutely gorgeous and completely perfect for planting our garden. With rain forcast for Sunday we knew that we had to get the seedlings and seeds in the ground then so that they'd be able to take root and really make our garden beds their home for the season. 
Emma planted the tomato plants. 
And Grace was all about the peppers. 
While Grace was finishing up planting the peppers, Emma got to work on the lettuce. 
It was decided that we'd attempt carrots again this year with the hope that they would get mistaken for weeds this time around! 
We don't do much from seed as we just don't have the space in our house (or the ability to keep them warm enough) to start them ahead of time. However, we will plant seeds when they can directly go in the ground as is the case with carrots, peas and sunflowers. 
The girls plant the pea seeds. They're going in a wee bit later than we'd have liked but with how funky the weather's been lately we figured better late(r) than never. 
Emma planting sunflower seeds. 
Grace plants her sunflower seeds.

There are still a few more seedlings that we need to buy (squash, zucchini) and we have yet to plant potatoes in the coffee bean sacks (like we did last year) but they're on the agenda too. Once the gardens are complete we'll put the garden gnomes in which is pretty much like putting the cherry on top of the sundae for this Waldorf family! 

While we were busy planting the mail arrived, and in the mail was this very sweet birthday/thank-you gift from my dear friend Patricia (and lovingly made by my super talented artist friend Heather). It was an absolute treat to be gifted this print which totally makes me think of Grace, Emma and I! Thank you, Patricia and Heather, for this absolutely wonderful gift! It's currently on our nature table until I can find the perfect frame and wall for it to hang on! I just adore it (and you both)! xo

6 comments:

  1. So happy to hear you guys got your garden in, exciting! That print is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy the garden is in too! And even better what we planted from seed is already starting to sprout!

      I had a feeling you'd love this print! It's still on our nature table and I have to admit I just love how it looks there! xo

      Delete
  2. The card is lovely and the gardens look great!
    Did you post about the coffee bean sac potatoes last year? If so, can you send me the link. I would be totally interested for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did post about it last year and will indeed send you the links! It's totally easy enough that you may even be able to still pull it off for this year! xo

      Delete
  3. I am so happy you liked the print! It was a hard choice deciding which one to get you, but in the end it had to be a summery, garden print for a late May birthday girl! :) I still need to plant in our garden! Our peppers and tomatoes are in, but the beans and lettuce haven't been done yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the perfect choice! Thank you so much, dear friend! I shall cherish this gorgeous gift for the rest of my days! xo

      Delete