Monday, July 23, 2018

Today At Pickity Place

When we asked Grace what she would like to do to celebrate her birthday she said she really wanted to go back to Pickity Place. And so, Grace, Emma and I made the hour long drive to Mason New Hampshire today to do just that. Originally, my mom (who celebrates her seventieth birthday this week) and my sister were supposed to come with us too, but due to a couple of unexpected circumstances they weren't able to join us. We were sad that they couldn't be there today, but we promised them we'd go together another time (soon)! 
We knew there would be a new Pickity cat (named Poppy) to meet today. The girls started looking for him as soon as we got near the house and it didn't take long before he appeared! 
And it wasn't long before they were rescuing this tiny frog from Poppy. 
 Our sweet Emma has been dreaming of her own orange cat for a few years now. Meeting Poppy only makes her want one even more now. And honestly, I cannot blame her. I love orange cats too, and this gentlemen was especially sweet! 
 Picture of Poppy taken by Emma. 
 The grounds at Pickity Place are full of nooks and crannies and lots and lots of enchantment. 
 Chilled cantaloupe soup. 
 Vegetable risotto. 
When I was choosing pictures to share I realized that I should have taken pictures of the salad portion of our meal. That red, white and blue potato salad was absolutely divine! 
 Boston Cream Pie for dessert. 

Though we were missing my mom and sister, and though it was rainy (off and on) we still had such a lovely time at Pickity Place. We are hoping we can return with my mom and sister soon, but if not I have a feeling that we'll be celebrating Grace's thirteenth birthday there next year! xo

2 comments: