Friday, July 13, 2018

Today In Boston

 On the eve before the girls come home from Pilgrim Lodge, Dave and I spent the day in Boston. We journied in after breakfast and were treated to this lovely sight as we walked through the Public Garden. 
 We had a few placed we wanted to stop but mostly just decided to see where the day took us. We wanedered through the gorgeous Boston Public Library. It's what a library should be! 
 Then we got to this section of the library. It felt far more like a church than a library! I'm not sure why they had such elaborate reglious murals in certain rooms. Gorgeous but confusing at the same time.

I will forever wish that I had taken more pictures of the Boston Public Lirbary. We ended up in their "new" wing before we finished exploring and I cannot even tell you how truly gorgeous (and huge!) it was! While we were there WGBH (Boston's PBS station) was broadcasting from there. They were talking with Boston Mayor Marty Walsh about the current search for a new superintendent for Boston Public Schools. Doesn't sound like one will be in place before the start of the school year but he did say that they were going to be very selective about who they chose.

After our time at BPL we walked over to Copley and the Pru and stopped into my favorite shoe store. Due to the large amount of weight that I have lost all of my fanciest shoes are now too big, so I wanted to see what size I would need now. Turns out I do indeed need a smaller size! 

 These beauties caught my eye the moment I walked in and I just had to try them on! 
 They were even more gorgeous on! I was sad to leave them there but unfortunately they were not in today's budget. I did come home with a gorgeous pair of raspberry ballet flats that were 60% off though! And I am determined that one day these gorgeous sparkly shoes will be mine! There are, after all, so very many things I could wear them with.....

After our fun at L.K. Bennett we went and grabbed a bite to eat at Eataly (and, once again, I dropped the ball and took no pictures) followed  by dessert at Nespresso (and took no pictures there either). The Boston Cream Cake was beyond delicious! 
After all our exploring and shopping and eating and walking we decided to head home. So, back through the Public Garden we go, and once again we pass by the lovely swans at the Swan Pond. A perfect ending to a truly perfect day! David and I are so excited for the girls to return home tomorrow, but we have to admit that it has been lovely to spend so much time together just the two of us this week, too! It's been twelve years since it was last just the two of us and it was nice to have the time to reconnect and just be. We're looking forward to next year's "just us" week already! xo 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun day out! I think you deserved those shoes though...... :)

    ReplyDelete