Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Sixth Grade

Last summer I came across my sixth grade shirt and decided I'd hold on to it and take a picture of Grace wearing it before the end of her sixth grade year. For weeks now I have been meaning to do do this and for one reason or another it never happened. As this is the last full week of the school year for the school kids in town I figured I needed to make it happen STAT!I 

This shirt was a really big deal when we were in sixth grade. As it was our final year at Bethany Community School we all had a chance to submit a design for consideration for the front of the shirt. Once all the designs were turned in we got to vote on which one would appear on the front. On the back were all our signatures. 

The day the shirts arrived we were all so excited! I'm pretty sure it was toward the end of the school year when we got them (maybe even the final week). I wish there was a picture of us all in them. Some people chose pink, some purple, some yellow, some blue. There may have even been green. It was really neat to see us all in them!

And so, I knew that when I took this picture and shared it to Facebook that it would take a whole bunch of us on a trip down memory lane! And that's exactly what happened! 

I cannot wait to take a picture of Emma in this shirt at the end of her sixth grade year (next year). And really I should take a picture of me in it too. I'm thrilled to say it still fits! xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment