Friday, June 12, 2020

Our Week

I have clearly been a blog slacker lately (but especially this week)! Needless to say, I wanted to share a few pictures of what we've been up to since my post on Monday. 


 Lovely reply sent to the girls from Samantha Perlman. 
 We participated in the dance team car parade for the graduating seniors on the team. It was super fun and incredible to see everyone (even from a distance) after all these months! 
We had a popover recipe to test from America's Test Kitchen. They were super easy and super delicious! 
Dave put the finishing touches on the coop this week and we moved it outside today! 

 Our gorgeous David Austin roses are blooming and smell as incredible as they look! 
 To me, this is what June should smell like. My mom always called it "June perfume" and I have to say that has stayed with me since I was a little girl. When we were looking for a rose for Grace when she turned ten, my one requirement was it needed to smell "like  a rose". So many roses are gorgeous but have no smell. I am so glad that we discovered David Austin roses, an incredible grower out of the UK. The roses from David Austin always smell as gorgeous as they look! 
 Though the coop needs to be leveled out (and turned to face into the yard) it is done and absolutely perfect! 
 The chicks check out their new space. 

The second of our three David Austin roses is also in bloom. 
We are hoping to add two or three more rose bushes to our rose garden this year.
So that's about it for what we've been up to this week! Wishing you all a lovely Friday night and a wonderful weekend! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment