Monday, September 7, 2020

Catching Up

Hello! Gracious, this me back at full time paid work thing is sure putting a cramp in my blogging! Not that I had been as consistent these last few years as I had in the years prior but it's definitely been at an all time low since I went back on August 12th. Honestly, I am having trouble wrapping my brain around the fact that it's already September (and Labor Day weekend at that)! Before any more time gets by me I wanted to share some pictures from our week last week.

Last week was my first week working from home and I loved it! I am so glad that I get to be home with my sweet girls while getting paid to do a job that I am really enjoying. The girls seemed more settled in to lessons last week, and it was fun to see them gather with their class, as well as to see all the wonderful things they were working on. We are so proud of them and are so grateful to be able to add two more extraordinary teachers to our village and to their days. Seasons of Seven is truly a huge blessing. 

 One of Emma's main lesson assignments was to draw the map of Italy by hand. She was super nervous thinking she wouldn't be able to pull this off. I think it's safe to say she did an absolutely gorgeous job! 
 The artistic abilities that our girls have never ceases to amaze me. Grace did a wonderful job on her atmospheric layers. My favorite part is the balloonist she included. 
Each member of Grace's class was asked to draw a self-portrait to share during their Zoom meeting on Thursday. 
 Grace's barometer project for her meteorology block. They will be taking data using this for ten days. 
Emma wrote a newspaper article reporting on the Medici murder that took place in 1478. 
 Weekly flower picking at Ferjuian's. 
 Gretchen is a big fan of her new catnip toy!
Caroline came to visit us this long holiday weekend!  

Not the best picture but we'll go with it. Ever since I was a kid Labor Day weekend has always meant the Greek festival (the one at St. Barbara's in Orange CT when I was growing up followed by the one at Sts. Anargyroi here in Marlborough. Sadly, the pandemic means that the Greek festival wasn't able to take place this year so we had to figure out another way to score some Greek food. We were feeling on the lazy side so didn't want to attempt to make it (plus, we doubt it would have come out nearly as good) so instead ordered from Hillside Grill in Northborough. We had heard many good things about this restaurant and are happy to report they are all indeed true!This definitely filled the void left by the Greek festival and we will absolutely be ordering there many more times. 
 We started Saturday off with a trip to Boston so that Dr. David could get his Covid test so he'd be cleared to begin his twelfth year of teaching. 
Emma feeds the chickens some treats this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment