Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Some Thoughts

The girls and I are starting to find our new rhythm. Much of what we have done all these years is staying the same, the only difference being that I now have work to do while they do their lessons. I realized a few things this evening as I was making dinner: 

1). The strong foundation we spent all those years laying has brought us to this moment.
2). They were more than ready for this. 
3). That I am so completely grateful they have grown up as Waldorf children. 
4). That even if I had not returned to work chances are really good that I would be pretty bored right now since they don't need me to guide them through their days like I did when they were younger. 
5). That I am so very grateful I still get to be home and witness to all the amazing things this year is holding for them. 

Being a mama is my absolute joy in life and my true calling. It is the greatest job I have ever had. It is what I know without a doubt that I am best at. It's not to say that I haven't made mistakes or had doubts, goodness knows I have, but it's the one thing in my soul that I know I was meant to do. I definitely had some weepy days leading up to returning to paid work (and as recent as this past Monday as a matter of fact) but something Monday night (and Tuesday morning) clicked. I think it's that we found our rhythm and that it was familiar and what we all were looking for and needing. And as soon as that happened I started to realize that for as much as things may have changed, in the end, they really have stayed the same. xo 





No comments:

Post a Comment