Twenty years ago I went on maternity leave and never looked back. After two close together pregnancies I formally resigned in June of 2008.. Hudson was so amazing and granted me two back to back school years of maternity leave -unpaid mostly- but even more impressive was that they also held my spot for me. I felt bad leaving, but my heart was with my girls. After several years at home and homeschooling (and never expecting to return to the classroom) I passed along pretty much all of my classroom supplies to a brand new teacher who was starting out as it made way more sense to give it all to someone who would use it rather than it all just sitting in our basement. Fast forward to this spring and a job offer that’s taking me back into the classroom and the realization that I have nothing and need to begin again. So today, when I ran into Target (a place I’ve barely been in the last couple of years) to get birthday cards and wrapping for David’s birthday (today) and Grace’s (tomorrow) I discovered they had a whole aisle in the back to school section for teachers and picked up a few things. There were a few other items of interest that I left behind but may go back for. Looking forward to creating a warm and welcoming space for my students, teaching assistants and anyone who enters!

No comments:
Post a Comment