Sunday, March 20, 2011

Our Family of Friends

Recently there was an article in Mothering Magazine about how there are not enough words for "friend" in our language (which I totally agree with).  As a result of reading this article I started thinking about how there really should be more words for friend, especially for those friends who are such an important part of our lives.  And then one day it came to me.  These friends, the friends who are there through good times and bad, the friends whose kids are like your own and who are like extra parents to your kids, those friends are more than friends.  They are "our family of friends".  They are the friends who walk along side of us on this amazing journey.  The friends who are an extra set of eyes (and hands) when you are flying solo with the kids at an event.  They are the friends who you hope (and know) that your children will go to when they feel they cannot go to you.  They are the friends who are your kindred spirits.  Who no matter how long you have known eachother it will always feel like it has been three times that length of time.  We are so grateful to have just such a group of friends.   For without them, this journey would not be nearly as sweet. 

1 comment:

  1. I read a quote once that said "Friends are the family we create for ourselves". As someone who's nuclear family in't all that I would like for it to be, this quite really spoke to me. I can totally relate to what you are saying here! I don't think I could mother without friends like this in my life!

    ReplyDelete