Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Things I Absolutely Love

I absolutely love Valentine's Day.  I know that there are many people who say it's a Hallmark holiday but for me Valentine's Day is just pink and red and sweet and lovely. It's a time to put a just little more love out into the world.  Plus, our house looks super sweet with hearts on each window and the festive table cloth on the kitchen table!
I absolutely love walking into various rooms and discovering where Emma's babies are tucked in that day. Today our room was the room of choice.
I absolutely love that Emma did all this on her own. From the gathering of materials, to tracing her hand to the gluing. I absolutely love that the girls can now get to all these wonderful craft materials anytime the desire to create strikes them. And yes, hand turkeys are always in season.  
I absolutely love that the cookie delivery today turned into an impromptu play date and chat with friends. 
I absolutely love the new Valentine mailboxes we bought at Target today. I love that they are bigger than the ones we've had before and that the door is hinged. I love how much the girls love this sweet little tradition that we started all those years ago. I love how excited they get each day when they check to see what's been left in their mailboxes. But most of all, what I absolutely love, is that I get to leave each girl a sweet little love note (and maybe a little something sweet with it too). 
I absolutely love how much love Dave has poured into this dollhouse. Each shingle that is painstakingly placed gets it one step closer to being finished. I love that he's creating a family heirloom, one that I hope is treasured and loved for generations to come.  

**********

What I absolutely love the most is this incredible life and the amazing family that I get to share this journey with. And that, my friends, really is the best Valentine of them all!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love everything about this post. Especially the dollhouse. And the Girl Scout cookies. I don't have a Girl Scout yet, and none of our friends here have any, either, so no cookies for me. :( xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! Can't wait to see the finished doll house..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks friends! It was fun to put this post together! At first I wasn't sure how I would be able to tie all these pictures together. A little time away and finally it all fell into place! Thanks for stopping by! It's always such a treat to have comments from you girls! xo

    ReplyDelete