Monday, April 15, 2013

For Boston

"Boston is a tough and resilient town. So are its people. I'm supremely confident that Bostonians will pull together, take care of each other, and move forward as one proud city. And as they do, the American people will be with them every single step of the way." —President Obama

The words of these two men are just what we who love (or live in) the city of Boston needed to hear today.  Marathon Monday is normally a fabulously joyous day where hard work and dedication are celebrated. Today started out as any other Marathon Monday but it surely did not end as such. As I result, I find myself heartbroken once again. Three months ago, I was rendered utterly speechless and totally heartbroken when my beloved home state was thrust into the news due to the tragic events that took place in Newtown. And now, here I am today feeling just as sad and disappointed in the world. Needless to say, Gandhi's words could have not have come at a better time. 

I am eternally grateful to know that all my friends and family are safe. And I am even more grateful that Dave was three days late in submitting his application to be part of the Boston Marathon medical tent staff this year. Otherwise, I would be going out of my mind with worry right about now. Thank you to everyone who has checked in on us and who has let us know that if we need anything they are here. We are fine. Heartbroken but fine nonetheless.  

For those wanting to do something the 26 Acts of Kindness Facebook page posted the message below:

The Boston community is in need of signs of love and support, and that's what we are all about. Please consider sending a card or hand written letter showing you care. These letters will be reviewed to make sure they are appropriate and then forwarded to the Boston community to pass out to whomever wants them. Do not send any donations at this time, this page is not authorized to collect on their behalf. We only want to show support and love through words and kind acts.

26 Acts of Kindness
PO Box 185083
Hamden, CT 06518

Together we can stand up for one another and spread love, not hate.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these words, Shel. They are just right. Not for the first time, lately, I have been reminded of the fragility of life. My heart and prayers are with you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome. I am so grateful that my words could bring comfort to people during this very sad time. The world we live in sure is not making a whole lot of sense to me lately. I just don't understand why we can't all get along. xoxox

    ReplyDelete