Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Our Tree of Thanks (A Month Long Adventure)

In the wake of the October Nor'easter we discovered that we had a perfect branch in the yard just waiting to be used for something special.  When I asked the girls what we should do with it Grace replied: "We should make a Thanksgiving tree!"  What a perfect idea!  I have wanted to do something like this since they were little, and given the perfect tree branch and Grace's idea, I took it to mean this was the year to begin this lovely tradition!  Last night, was our first night with our Thanksgiving Tree and Grace shared that she was "...thankful for Mother Earth" and Emma shared that she was "...thankful for Mama".  We continued today (as you've seen above) and will each add another leaf to the tree each day for the entire month of November.  We invite you to stop by anytime and add a leaf to our tree!  We can't wait to share all that we are thankful for with everyone at the end of the month!  And if you're so inspired to join us in our month long thanks giving adventure we'd love to hear what you are thankful for too!  


3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. I love it. This year we decided to start a gratitude journal. Our first entry was tonight.

    BTW: I have not forgotten about the award you passed my way. My post is coming Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love the gratitude journal idea too! We'll have to do that when year (when the girls are older!) What a great idea!

    No worries! I can't wait to see who you give some bloggy love too! Let's plan a get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this is so beautiful. We are heading into summer time here in Australia, but I am sure I can find a branch lying around somewhere to recreate this at our home. I know my 8 year old will just love creating the leaves and filling the tree with blessings. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete