Wednesday, January 4, 2012

An Instant Favorite

This was the Christmas of awesome gifts from the grandparents.  Between the puppet theater from my parents and this rocker board from Dave's parents the girls are set!  Both the puppet theater and the rocker board will easily become family heirlooms and enjoyed for years and years to come.  I stumbled upon the rocker board on the Bella Luna Toys site one night while trying to come up with ideas for the girls Christmas gifts.  I showed it to Dave (the Physical Therapist in him loved it from the first moment he first laid eyes on it) and we decided that we should see if his parents would be interested in giving it to the girls.  We were thrilled that they wanted to get it for them.  From the moment that it was taken out of the box it was a total hit!  The girls have used it to stand on, rock on, as a slide (for themselves and their toys), as a way to practice yoga, as a marble run, as a place to rest and a place to create.  The uses are truly as limitless as their imagination.  Such an awesome, awesome toy and definitely something that we surely need a second one of!  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!  This thing rocks!

6 comments:

  1. That is an amazing gift! I can see my Gracie using that now! She loves all things that give her sensory input. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally downloading "Snowfall" right now - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got one !! I had scoped it a while back and had forgotten that I wanted to get it for Christmas! so thank you for reminding me :) I'm so glad I am not the only one who thinks it's such a cool toy :) I can't wait until it arrives !! I am glad your girls are having so much fun with it, it makes my heart smile ... Happy New Year !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, Oh my gosh, *I* love using it! And the beauty of it is that it can support an adult (I believe it said it's rated up to 220 pounds)!

    Hannah, I had a feeling you'd love that one! Isn't it just beautiful? One of my faves too!

    Ruthy, so, so, so good! Your littles will love it! But I warn you, if you only ordered one you are gonna regret it! That is one coveted toy in this house, and while our girls are awesome sharers, it's often hard to wait for the other to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun and it's so great for kids of all ages! I love the sun on it :) Happy New Year to you and your family - best wishes for a wonderful 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Beth! It really is one of the best toys ever! I love the sun on it too! Happy New Year! May 2012 bring lots of joy your way!

    ReplyDelete