Sunday, October 21, 2018

Yesterday In Hartford

Yesterday we gathered with some of our most favorite people for Hawktoberfest (the University of Hartford's alumni and parents weekend). Rob was in town for his twentieth reunion, Dave was there for the 20th anniversary of the Physical Therapy program and all the guys were off to a Sigma Nu event that night. 
 These guys all  have a piece of my heart. It is my hope that one day Grace and Emma are blessed to have some amazing guy friends in their life. From the moment I met each of these gentleman I knew that they would always look out for me (and they still do) and for that I am eternally grateful. 
You're never too old for a balloon animal. 
 Howie! 
 A lot has changed since we graduated (like we have kids) and yet so much has stayed the same (like the friendships)! 
 Hangin' on the steps at Harry Jack Grey while Dave and Paul chatted it up with various people.
 Two Delta Gamma sisters, three legacies and  one anchormen! 
 Trying out the super cool new lab in the Physical Therapy department. 
 GSU didn't look like this when we were at Hartford! Dave worked as a building manager at the student union so I couldn't resist a picture of him and the girls and this massive sign. 
Rob and I have been friends for more than half our lives (twenty-three years to be exact). He's the older brother I never had and one of my best friends. I am so grateful for his friendship, and I am even more grateful that he insisted on a picture of us yesterday (I think we haven't taken a picture like this since my wedding day, sixteen years ago)! Strolling through the village with Rob, Frank and Pomp (while Dave was at his PT reception), reminiscing and telling all sorts of stories to the girls was the perfect way to end our visit to campus. Our twenty year reunion will take place next year at Hawktoberfest, so we all have an excuse to gather together again on campus for another fun filled day of reconnecting! Let the countdown begin! xo

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great weekend! You are very fortunate- I haven't really kept in touch with any of my college friends. I have one girlfriend I speak to every few months, but life took us all in opposite directions. It's wonderful you have maintained these friendships over the years!

    ReplyDelete