Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Day At Six Flags

Yesterday we ventured to Six Flags New England to use the Read to Succeed tickets the girls had earned. The weather could not have been any more perfect and the park was not nearly as crowded as it would have been had we gone after the schools were on summer break. 
Emma was bound and determined to "ride a super fast roller coaster" (her first) while we were there. After a wee bit of investigating we finally found one she was tall enough to go on! Grace and I aren't roller coaster people so we got a snack and explored while our thrill seeking family members checked this item off Emma's bucket list. 
"Mama, it was awesome! Thanks Daddy for taking me!" 
Next stop: The Cyclone for Dave. It's an old, wooden roller coaster and apparently there is nothing like it.  
The girls were super excited to see this ride and then bummed when it turned out it wasn't nearly as cool as the one at the zoo
This (as I expected) became an instant fave. 
I was thrilled to see that the old time cars still remained from the days when the park was Riverside Park (which is how I remember it from my childhood). 
I wish this wasn't so blurry! It's hard to take pictures when in an old car!
Emma and Dave (in the front seat) on yet another coaster. 
There was actually much more that we did but my phone ended up running out of power and we had foolishly left Dave's in the car. I have to admit that while there are some pictures I wish I had been able to capture it was nice to just be in the moment instead of behind the lens (or iPhone as it were)! We left tired and super happy and looking forward to going back again next year (courtesy of the Read to Succeed program)!

1 comment: