Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Loop, Swoop And Pull!

Last night, as I was getting ready to make dinner, Grace appeared in the kitchen holding the Melissa and Doug shoe tying shoe. Dave bought it at a local store that was going out of business a couple of years ago and we've had it sitting around ever since. The girls have played with it on and off for awhile now but it wasn't until last night that anyone had any interest in actually tying it. We headed into the living room and I proceeded to show Grace how to tie the laces. "Loop....swoop around...and pull!" She watched very closely and after a couple of times with a little bit of help from me she was ready to try on her own.
"Loop...."
"swoop.....and pull!"
"I did it!"

There was much rejoicing in the land as soon as she finished! I love how in the second picture you can see how excited she is that she's actually tying a bow. And I love that this was all done on her time table and not a moment sooner. Further confirmation that when kids are left to do things when they are ready that they do so with much success! Well done, Grace! We are so very proud of you!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! My son insisted on lace-shoes for Grade One instead of velcro. We spent the days before school started practising and practising. He finally got it! I'd love to say his shoes are always neatly tied now but I'd be lying! :)

    ReplyDelete