Thursday, February 27, 2014

Paper Matryoshka Dolls

This morning was simply fabulous (really, the whole day was but this morning was just the best). With the Norah Jones Pandora station on in the background, the girls spent a good couple of hours (or maybe it was even three hours) working on these sweet Matryoshka paper dolls. There was singing (or course) and coloring (obviously) and chatting (frequently), along with periods of total silence. It was divine. I love how sweetly this project came together and I love how much the both loved it! The care they put into these dolls speaks volumes. While the girls were working on their paper dolls, my friend Emily sent me a link to blank wooden matryoshka dolls. I'm thinking these printables, those blanks and some Modge Podge and we've got ourselves our next project! The girls have decided that if the homeschool project fair takes place this year they want to work on a project together and they want it to be all about Matryoshka dolls (sounds good to me)! Now, if only we had a total of five daughters so we could dress them up as a set of Matryoshka dolls! Could you imagine the cuteness?!

2 comments:

  1. I'm new to your blog, but I just love the sweetness! You always have such precious pictures. These paper dolls are so cute! I used to have a set of real nesting dolls that my aunt got for me when she was living in Germany. I suspect my mom still has them somewhere. But alas, I've been blessed with 3 boys and no girls, so it's not super high on my priority list to get them back at this time.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy, Thanks for stopping by! It's always fun to have comments but even more so when they are from new visitors! I love your blog too and will definitely be checking in with your goings on often! Have a great rest of the weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete