Sunday, July 14, 2024

Back For Round Two : Camper Version

 I picked the girls up from camp on Saturday at 10:30am since their week being CITs had come to a close and we headed home. Originally, we had booked a hotel room since Emma would need to be back the next day, but due to the heat and humidity and not being able to check in until 3:00pm we decided to cancel. It was lovely to have them both home, even if it was just for less than 24 hours! We got to hear all their stories (and gracious, did they have stories!) and we even celebrated David's bithday (pictures coming tomorow on the actual day).

Emma and I journied back to PL today. We sang and chatted and stopped in Freeport for lunch before hading the rest of the way to Pilgrim Lodge.

She is super excited to be back at PL for another week (but this time as a camper). My drive home was lonely without any co-pilots but I used to the time to listen to some books on Audible and chat with my mom when I needed a break from the story I was listening too. I'll be headed back to Maine on Saturday to aquire Emma to bring her home and then bring Grace back the following day for her week at camp. Next year, we need to rent a house in Maine for the month of July (wish we'd thought of that sooner)! xo




No comments:

Post a Comment